Live Always different Adventures!
Choose among the many activities designed for young and old
THE HISTORY OF THE GORGES OF ALCANTARA
The formation of the river bed of the Alcantara dates back to about 300,000 years ago, however the current aspect of the river in the section of the Gorges dates back to the castings occurred in the last 8,000 years. [… ] the presence of river water and its percolation inside the magmatic mass caused a faster cooling giving rise to deep irregular fractures (some even chaotic) which intersected, they form prismatic structures of various configurations: “woodpile” (arranged horizontally), “harp” (slightly arched), “rosette” (radial course). The most regular formations are vertical, “reed organ”, and can reach even the 30 meters.
Choose from the many activities
at your complete disposal
DISCOVER OUR EXCURSIONS
Educational and Naturalistic Activities
The route addresses the aim and degree of the intent to discover, the interest of the environment, deepening information in an innovative way. For info and details and reservations, please contact us for details and reservations, do not hesitate to contact us to contact us for contact us for details and reservations
The course is aimed at schools of every order and degree with the intent to learn to discover, stimulate interest in the environment, deepening the information in an innovative way. For info, details and reservations, please contact us!
Cost: € 7,00
The day will be structured as follows:
- GUIDED TOUR ALCANTARA WALKING: The route starts from the MOL (Museum Of Land), to the discovery of the Alcantara Gorges through the modern multimedia room 4D, and then continue along the classic nature trail of the Botanical Park and geological Alcantara Gorges (lasting about 45 minutes), which allows you to admire from above the inner and most suggestive part of the Gorges. On return, by elevator service, you go down to the River to admire the Gorges from below. Lift up. During the visit will be offered a small tasting of local products Terralcantara, such as olive oil PDO, liqueurs and jams made of citrus;
- LUNCH (on request at the restaurant of the park AL QANTARAH CHARME)
Cost: € 13,00 (lunch not included)
The day will be structured as follows:
- GUIDED TOUR ALCANTARA WALKING: he route starts from the MOL (Museum Of Land), to the discovery of the Alcantara Gorges through the modern multimedia room 4D, and then continue along the classic nature trail of the Botanical Park and geological Alcantara Gorges (lasting about 45 minutes), which allows you to admire from above the inner and most suggestive part of the Gorges. On return, by elevator service, you go down to the River to admire the Gorges from below. Lift up. During the visit will be offered a small tasting of local products Terralcantara, such as olive oil PDO, liqueurs and jams made of citrus;
- LUNCH REST (on request at the restaurant of the park AL QANTARAH CHARME).
- Descent to the Gorges by lift;
- Simulation of archaeological excavations: lecture on archaeology with explanation of the main techniques of archaeological research and simulation of an archaeological excavation according to the stratigraphic method;
- Clay handling laboratory;
- End of business 16:00
OF DREAMS FOR
Whether it’s fairytale weddings, exclusive parties, special ceremonies, degrees or any other special occasion, we’re talking about events you’ll have to remember your whole life. Whatever your desire, we will grant it because magic is born from the exploding beauty where the wildest nature lives.
What special event would it be without so much fun? Live music, entertainers, clownerie, lantern throwing, moments of pure show and everything you want to add to your event, will be possible! Nothing will be missing but you!
WHERE TO SLEEP
Housed in an old country house completely restored, renowned for its cuisine km0, offers the comforts of a relaxing holiday.
From the restoration of an ancient farm is born a Charming Farmhouse with a suggestive view from the Alcantara Valley to the sea.
La casa delle Monache
Originally a summer convent of a female monastic order, thanks to its large playground it is suitable for all families.
A new way of camping: tents like luxury hotel rooms, for those who love nature but do not give up comfort.
Staying in one of these structures you will have an exclusive 20% discount on the entrance to the park.
WHERE TO EAT
AL QANTARAH CHARME
Cocktail bar, restaurant, pizzeria
You can taste the best typical dishes of Sicilian cuisine. Large hall for banquets and parties. Wide choice of fragrant pizzas and rigorously cooked in a wood oven.
Typical Sicilian cuisine
The La Macina restaurant offers you the delights of typical Sicilian cuisine, with dishes prepared and served impeccably, which enhance the flavors of an ancient and world-famous culinary art. Indoor dining room with 80 seats.
In this restaurant territory and culinary culture merge in unison to delight palates with classic flavors revisited in a modern key.
0942 630096 / 0942985129
SELF SERVICE / BAR
Self service area where you can consume coffee, freshly squeezed juices, tea and then more hot food, home-made gastronomy, salads, homemade ice cream, sandwiches and many other dishes for a quick but tasty break.